The Lunarly Guide to Staying In
Thanks to the Lunarly community for all of your contributions to our ultimate guide to staying in!
- Fresh air is KEY! It's finally hit 45 degrees around here and open windows are making all the difference.
- Make a little time every day to step outside. Even if it's just to stand in front of your door.
- Turn off the news and do the things you would normally do at home that make you feel whole. 💖🙏💕
- Make sure you still get your sunshine.
- Set a time to do something for you every day.
- Be gentle with yourself and those you're sheltered with. Bring compassion to everything and everyone, including yourself. If you need to sleep, sleep. If you need to cry, cry. If you need to rant, rant. If you need a few minutes of quiet, find it. If you need to zone out on a stupid show, do it. Whatever you need to keep yourself going, do that. Understand that may change from minute to minute.
- Take a nice long nap.
- Try and limit screen time.
- Light your favorite Lunarly candle, drink some tea, stay cozy.
- Take this time to help create a better you for a better earth.
- Make sure all of your plants are rotated, watered and all get the right light
- Finally, this is your opportunity! Meditation is calling you... 🧘🏼♀️ so what are you waiting for??
- Keeping a journal each day of successes, things I want to improve the next day.
- Keep a gratitude journal and write down 10 things you are grateful for today
- Having plants really helps me feel like I'm not stuck indoors. Taking care of them still feels active and outdoorsy. I talk to my plants positively as well to help their growth, so there's positive energy in my space.
- Do something fun everyday!
- Watch a documentary every day.
- Wear a cute outfit and take a selfie. 💜
- Finish half baked ideas.
- Learn how to do something with your hands! I'm picking up knitting again.
- Watch the shows that make you happy.
- Curl up with your all time fave book + fave beverage.
- Bake some cookies. 🍪
- Building a fort to watch the stars.
- Support local businesses by getting takeout a few times each week.
- Use noise canceling headphones to do quite reading if others are watching TV.
- It's the perfect time to relax and play all the games and watch all the shows people have been telling you about.
- Check in with your friends and family often!
- Call 10 people you love.
- Staying connected through group texts and zoom gatherings, meditation and ground exercises, collective live meditations.
- Have different places for everyone working from home to take phone calls and remember where the mute button is!
- If you watch TV, do exercises between every episode.
- Fly a kite.
- Stretch. (even for 10 min)
- Workout! Even a walk around the house or neighborhood can get your heart pumping.
- Use can use household items for working out.
- Learn something new for one hour every day.
- Do something creative! It could be doodling, crafting with kids, painting, knitting, or just cooking something new! Having something to look forward too has really helped me.
- Find a hobby! I recently began upcycling old clothes and it's been great for me mentally.
- Try new recipes.
- Keep a schedule, but be flexible and recognize it won’t all get done.
- Clean one place of your home every day.
- Make a list of all the projects you've been wanting to do but haven't had time for. (Either artsy stuff, or renovation stuff)
- Organize your drawers.
- Clean your phone and makeup.
- Organize your photos and your playlists.