Take care of your own and others’ mental health:
- Balanced Black Girl is curating this Community Healing Guide to aid in collective self care, and healing, and increase the support of Black-owned businesses.
- Zencare - Find therapists specializing in race & cultural identity
- Ayana - Online therapy for marginalized & intersectional communities
- BEAM Collective - Emotional health resources for black communities
Educate yourself on these topics by reading and listening:
- The Torture Letters: Reckoning with Police Violence by Laurence Ralph - Ralph uncovers the tangled connections among law enforcement, the political machine, and the courts in Chicago.
- Stamped by Jason Reynolds, Ibram X. Kendi - A timely, crucial, and empowering exploration of racism--and antiracism--in America.
- The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein - This book covers the laws and policy decisions passed by local, state, and federal governments that actually promoted the discriminatory patterns that continue to this day.
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo - Read for topics from white privilege and police brutality to systemic discrimination and the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates - A powerful new framework for understanding our nation’s history and current crisis.
- How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi - Kendi asks us to think about what an antiracist society might look like, and how we can play an active role in building it.
- About Race - Podcast focused on “Our national conversation about conversations about race”.
- Code Switch - Podcast about how race, ethnicity and culture are at play and shifting within our communities
- Therapy for Black Girls - Weekly mental health and personal development podcast
Engage yourself and your community:
- Vote. Not registered? Register here, it will take two minutes or less to complete.
- Donate to the NAACP, Campaign Zero, Black Lives Matter, and more.
- Volunteer with Black Lives Matter which is a chapter-based, member-led organization or for any of the organizations listed above.
- Demand action from your state representatives to end police violence, Campaign Zero will help you find your rep and share their policy agenda.